Careers with Family Services of North Alabama
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Social Services, Criminal Justice or related field ... advanced degree preferred.
- Must possess superior oral and written communication skills.
- Management, business, public speaking, writing, grant writing, and counseling experience preferred.
- Should possess a thorough understanding and commitment to social change and advocacy related to sexual violence.
- Ability to work flexible hours, travel within the state, and occasional national travel.
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Responsible for providing direction, guidance, and leadership to the agency and its staff.
- Responsible for agency-wide administration, including day-to-day management of the corporation within the policies established by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for maintaining financial records, paying bills, and acting as a liaison with accountants and auditors.
- Responsible for monthly expenditure reports, as well as quarterly financial and narrative reports.
- Responsible for writing of grants and oversight of goals and objectives.
- In addition to the oversight of all agency functions and programs, this position serves as a liaison with the national, state, and local sexual assault communities, funding sources, governmental agencies, and other agencies and organizations, as needed.
- Direct victim services, as necessary.
- Recruit, hire, evaluate, discipline, and terminate paid staff and maintain confidential personnel records.